Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Beautiful and a Little Bored

As some people know, New York Fashion Week for Fall 2007 has arrived. I've been viewing a lot of designers shows and seeing what I like. One of my favorite designer is Marc Jacobs. I watched his show on the marcjacobs.com website then went to Nytimes.com and read an article about his Fall 2007 collection. The article talks about his inspirations for this collection. The collection was mostly inspired by a Bertolucci movie "The Conformatist" and Fassbinder films. I personally love his collection it is very 1930 -1970s classic with sleep dark clothes that almost look boring yet beautiful. The music was also dark. All of the clothes were very neat and appealing. The set was featured with beautiful french doors and a faux tiled runway. Everyone knows the Marc Jacobs fashion shows are one of the most anticipated shows. I really like where he took his inspiration from; it separates him from other designers because he is willing to take risks. Here is a video from nytimes.com that shows some of the show and Marc talking about his inspirations for his collection. http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=d098f2b0ad6b526512dff4592eaf798e470f5430

The whole fashion show is featured on the Marc Jacobs official website as well.

That's it for this blog.

:) Cassie

1 comment:

Chloe said...

I hated the Marc Jacobs show, but I loved his designs for Louis Vuitton. Why is Marc obsessed with Grunge? All of his looks remind me of Winona Ryder from Beetlejuice. The Louis show was inspired by Hitchcock here is a link to that show Louis Spring 2007 Runway Show